Make a Difference
Hey girlz! Here's your chance to make a difference in the world. Check out the links below for quality sites that give you ideas to spread the love.
Remember, when you visit these sites, you're leaving Faithgirlz.com and we cannot guarantee their content.
Peace Corps volunteers build bridges of cross-cultural understanding with people of other countries, helping them learn about who we are as Americans, while gaining a better understanding of other cultures.
Inspiring kids to end hunger and poverty in their communities, their country, and their world.
The Partnership inspires students to enhance their belief that they can positively impact their own lives and the lives of others.
Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.
The Charity Guide volunteer directory makes it possible for you to make a difference at anytime, from anywhere. Even if you have an unpredictable schedule, you can volunteer for your favorite cause!
Thousands of students like you are engaging in a movement that can quite literally save an entire generation from devastating effects of AIDS—and change the course of history.
JustGive is a non-profit whose mission is to connect people with the charities and causes they care about and to increase overall giving.
Charity Profile: JustGive.org
We were surfing around JustGive.org, a cool website that connects people with charities and causes, and found a section called Inspiring Kids Making a Difference If you need a little inspiration in your day, surf on over to read about:
- 10-year-old Stacey who raised money for bulletproof vests for police dogs
- 9-year-old Melissa who started KidsFACE, the largest youth environmental organization
- Fifth graders at an elementary school who collect book donations and send them to schools in need, in memory of a student who passed away
- 7-year-old Jean who picks up cans along the roadside to recycle
- Sophie's World
- Girls of 622 Harbor View
- A Lucy Novel
- Boarding School Mysteries
- Faithgirlz Fun
- From Sadie's Sketchbook
When picking a charity to volunteer or donate to,
make sure to ask yourself some of these questions:
- What causes do I feel God has laid on my heart to help with?
- Why do I want to help? Is it out of guilt or impulse? Or is it out of genuine concern and need to take action?
- Can I help make a difference through an existing charity...or do I need to take action in a whole new way?
- Will my time volunteering interfere with my school work or other family commitments?
- Will this act of volunteerism be a long-term commitment or something I can do every once in a while?
- Is this organization something my entire family or group of friends might want to participate with along side of me?
- If I am going to contribute financially, is this something I have cleared with my parents (Some website might not be secure for donating funds, or worse, could be a scam!)